5 YEARS LIMITED REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
1. HAVIT COMMERCIAL offers a 5 YEARS limited replacement warranty on products where the product fails due to defective materials or workmanship. The warranty period begins from the date of purchase.
For a replacement warranty to apply you must have the following.
- Proof of purchase (such as the original dated purchase receipt) from an authorised HAVIT COMMERCIAL retailer to make a warranty claim.
- A proof of installation as required by law for products requiring installation by licensed electricians.
- All fittings must be installed by a licensed electrician.
BALANCE OF WARRANTY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, any replaced products by HAVIT COMMERCIAL are covered only by the balance of the warranty period remaining from the date of purchase of the original HAVIT COMMERCIAL product.
2. 5 YEARS LIMITED REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
In addition to the limited warranty terms set out under section (1).
Where a consumer asserts that a product installed is faulty, and a HAVIT COMMERCIAL service agent has attended the property, A SERVICE CALL FEE WILL BE CHARGED TO THE CONSUMER IF:
- The product is not a HAVIT COMMERCIAL product.
- There is nothing wrong with the product or to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the product to perform in accordance with its published features and specifications as reasonably determined by HAVIT COMMERCIAL.
- The original installation of the product was not carried out by a licensed electrician.
- The installation is not performed in accordance with the relevant HAVIT COMMERCIAL product installation instructions.
- The defects have been caused by incorrect application, abuse or misuse by the consumer.
3. WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE LIMITED REPAIR / REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
Subject to "Your Consumer Rights", but otherwise to the maximum extent permitted by law, the HAVIT COMMERCIAL warranties provided in this document will not cover the following:
- Products that are not purchased from an authorised reseller and not installed in Australia.
- Where installation was not carried out by a licensed electrician as required.
- Products not installed in accordance with the product’s installation instructions or specifications.
- Products not used in accordance with the instructions for use or specifications.
- Defect, damage or failure to a product resulting from misuse, accident, neglect, abuse,tampering, modifications or unauthorised repairs being carried out.
- Damages not caused by a fault in the product materials or workmanship.
- Defect, damage or failure to a product resulting from any acts of God, including damages from lightning, power grid fluctuations, or power surges.
- Replacement of light sources unless specified.
- Replacement of batteries supplied with certain products.
- Power supply “noise”, intermittent “humming” or other influences from mains power delivery infrastructure. Signals sent through the power grid by the electricity provider for the control of off peak hot water, street lights and other devices may cause an intermittent humming noise in your product. Filters for blocking/reducing such signals are available in Australia at the customer's expense. These noises do not indicate the product is faulty.
- Damage caused by alternative power systems (for example: solar inverters, etc.).
- Water damage of any kind caused by inappropriate placement of fittings not IP rated for that location.
- The cost of renting, obtaining and using special access equipment (i.e. scaffoldings, scissor lifts, etc.) for accessing products installed at a height of greater than 3.0 meters.
- Travelling costs incurred by HAVIT COMMERCIAL personnel or service agents travelling greater than 25 Km from an authorised service agent.
- Non-structural corrosion damage of non-316 stainless steel components such as surface rust or minor rust.
- Corrosion to any aluminium product that has been installed within 5km of a salty environment.
4. COMMERCIAL USE
The warranty period for HAVIT COMMERCIAL products are designed and intended for use in commercial applications. Please see LEAFLET A for conditions of use for warranty to apply.
- Can only be used at a maximum of 8 hours continuous with a rest period of 1 hour before being switched back on with a maximum usage of no more than 12hrs per day for 5 years warranty to apply.
- 8-12hrs of continuous usage, a 3 years warranty will apply.
- 12-18hrs of continuous usage, a 2 years warranty will apply.
- 18hrs + of continuous usage, a 12 months warranty will apply.
This warranty is valid in Australia only
How to make a warranty claim.
Limited replacement warranty: Please return the faulty HAVIT COMMERCIAL product together with a copy of the proof of purchase and a proof of installation as required by law from the electrician
Installing the product to the authorised HAVIT COMMERCIAL retailer where the product was purchased. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the customer must bear the costs and expenses of claiming under this warranty, including but not limited to the cost incurred in freight, postage, handling, travel, dismantling or reinstalling the product.